I’m generally not the type to make New Year’s resolutions. New Year’s Eve is, after all, one of my least favorite holidays. But when I came across this list of resolutions specifically for 20-somethings from Thought Catalog, I couldn’t help but be intrigued. A few that especially caught my eye:
1. Know which candidate you’re going to vote for in the upcoming presidential election, and know why.
2. Find a way to save approximately 300 dollars and spend it on a flight to see a friend or family member who lives far away.
3. Spend less than or equal to the money you earn each month.
4. Call someone on the phone at least once a week, and speak to him or her for at least ten minutes.
5. Volunteer once over the next 90 days. You’ll feel really good about it, and probably end up volunteering again over the next 275.
6. Tell someone who you love that you love them on a more regular basis. To their face, not in a text.
7. Back up your entire online life onto an external hard drive, especially your photos.
8. Crap or get off the pot. This applies to whatever thing you’re not doing that you should just sack up and do already.