Each time March comes around, it seems to be the beginning of the end of winter. As all Midwesterners know, winter truly doesn’t seem to end until April, but still, one can hope right?
Here are 5 things I’m looking forward to this month:
1. As mentioned above, the promise of warmer weather. It seems like wishful thinking at this point, but I’m not giving up yet. Technically-speaking there are only 19 more days of winter. YAY!
2. An upcoming trip to Italy (!!!). Josh and I were in agreement that we both wanted to do some traveling after graduation so it only seemed natural that we plan something together. After realizing–well more like panicking–that a three week sojourn around Europe is kind of expensive, we settled on a week-long adventure to Rome and Florence.
3. St. Patrick’s Day. I may be Irish (helloo Caitlin Ashleen – can it get any more Irish than that?), but I’ve never been one for beer or excessive amounts of drinking. However, I’m happy to celebrate the luck of the Irish. Now if only some of that luck would rub off on me.
4. The promise of more dogs to walk! January and February are historically slow months in the dog walking business. Which seems odd to me, since if I had a full-time job and a pet and I could afford a dog walker, I would definitely want someone for all those cold, snowy, icy days. I cannot tell you how many times I have slipped on the nasty sidewalks. And yes, the pooches just look at me, as if to say, “Why are you sitting down? We have a walk to take!”
5. Hopefully “building confidence beyond stature.” Sounds corny I know, but there is a great blog that I follow called Extra Petite. As the name sounds, it provides tips and suggestions on how to find great clothes that fit when you are petite. Sunday’s post was all about looking your best, carrying yourself well and being a valuable contributor. I couldn’t agree more and believe it is something that everyone should work on, no matter what your stature is.
[Images courtesy of Getty Images, Extra Petite]